Toroa Career Navigator is an programme tailored specifically to 15-25-year olds in the region who are not currently in work or training.
The programme pairs our young people with high-calibre business mentors, and provides an intensive programme of workshops, mentoring, and support – with the aim of helping them find a meaningful job pathway. The mentors will also support those who secure work during their early days of transitioning to the workplace, heightening their chances of success in their new roles.
WHO IS THIS PROGRAMME FOR?
- Anybody aged 15-25 years old
- Living in Marlborough
- Who has found themselves out of work – and who is motivated to transition into employment or training.
Toroa Career Navigator provides a great opportunity to build confidence, learn new skills and prepare effectively for the world of work. Rangatahi will also make new connections, gain insights from industry representatives and have valuable learning experiences that they can add to their CV.
WHAT DOES IT INVOLVE?
The Toroa Career Navigator programme is made up of three main components:
- Industry/work-ready support
- Individual support
- Extended job seeking/transition support
Toroa Career Navigator can support our young people to:
- Develop soft skills for work readiness
- Develop a knowledge of workplace expectations
- Create networks and connections through exposure to industry
- Increase confidence and ability to seek employment
- Develop a ‘Career Action Plan’ and a ‘Career Portfolio’
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF PARTICIPANTS IN THE COURSE?
To be considered for the programme will mean:
- Committing to the full programme (8 week intensive programme plus 8 weeks of “Career Hub”)
- Participating in 10-12 hours of facilitated learning each week which includes:
- Meeting with the Toroa Career Navigator Coordinator weekly
- Creating an individualised ‘Career Action Plan’ and completing a ‘Career Portfolio’
- Working with a Toroa Career Navigator Mentor
- Participating in experiential soft skill workshops, industry visits and guest speaker presentations
- Working with others on the programme to plan and implement a community project in Marlborough
- Being an active participant in the “Career Hub”
- Working towards the ‘Career Action Plan’ we develop together
HOW DO I REGISTER MY INTEREST?
We’re keen to hear from you if you are:
- a 15-25 year old, living in Marlborough and not currently in work or training (or know someone in this position)
- interested to know more about getting involved as a mentor or workplace
- looking to hire a young person for your business or organisation
We’d love to hear from you!
Or for more details please contact:
Rachel Rodger – Programme Coordinator
Toroa Career Navigator, Graeme Dingle Foundation Marlborough.
021 826 526 or email@example.com
We are incredibly grateful for their support!