What is Kiwi Can?
Kiwi Can is a life skills and values programme delivered to the whole school by trained Kiwi Can leaders with every child attending a Kiwi Can lesson once a week, every week of the school year. School Principals tell us that Kiwi Can has a noticeable effect on how well the children interact with each other – with significant decreases in truancy and bullying.
Download the Kiwi Can Brochure here
Kiwi Can is underpinned by this whakatauki (proverb):
Iti rearea, kahikatea tei tei, ka taea
Even the small rearea bird can ascend to the great heights of the Kahikatea tree
- Kiwi Can Research
- Why Kiwi Can?
Kiwi Can Research
Kiwi Can has a history of making a big, fat difference. But the proof is in the research, and here’s what it shows. Kiwi Can:
- Engages students
- Reduces truancy
- Improves listening and communication skills
- Helps children play cooperatively and resolve behavioural issues more easily
- Builds confidence
- Reduces bullying in schools
Why Kiwi Can?
Because we want our young ones to have:
- A sense of self-worth and self-confidence
- The ability to take responsibility and be accountable for actions
- Valuable life skills
- A ‘can do’ attitude and positive approach to the challenges of life